Converting iPhone xib to iPad xib?
I was able to narrow it down to a few things, so here are the steps that worked for me:
1) Make a copy of the iPhone xib file and add it to your project
2) Right click the file (in xcode) and Open As > Source Code
3) The 2nd line should look like:
<archive type="com.apple.InterfaceBuilder3.CocoaTouch.XIB" version="7.10">
<archive type="com.apple.InterfaceBuilder3.CocoaTouch.iPad.XIB" version="7.10">
4) Search for "IBCocoaTouchFramework" and Replace all occurrences with "IBIPadFramework"
5) Save the file and Open As > Interface Builder - iOS
The file might still look like a regular iPhone xib, but for me, once I changed the Status Bar to "Black" in the Attributes inspector the rest of the xib just kind of "snapped" into an iPad xib